No-code web development is a type of web development that does not require coding. This means that you can create a website without having to learn HTML, CSS, or other programming languages. What’s great about these platforms is that they allow you to create a professional website without any coding knowledge. And if you do have some coding skills, you can further customize your site to make it even more unique.
No-code website platforms help website owners build their site, where they can choose from different templates, design elements, and color schemes. These designs are then integrated with the content on your site. Using these tools is usually much easier than writing code, and is accessible to anyone who knows basic design concepts. After all, who wouldn’t like web development without coding. It will open possibilities for so many companies and businesses to start and becoming self-sufficient and sustaining.
There are many no-code web development platforms that allow you to create a website without any coding knowledge. Here are our Top 5 no-code platforms comparison in 2022.
Top 5 No-code platforms in 2022
WordPress is the arguably the most popular no-code web development platform. How can you have a conversation on web development platforms without WordPress. It is an open-source content management system (CMS) that helps you easily create and manage your website. WordPress is used by over 35% of all websites on the Internet.
WordPress comes with a powerful visual editor that allows you to design your pages and posts without having to write any code. It also has a huge plugin repository that lets you add features and functionality to your website without writing any code.
- WordPress is free and open source.
- It is easy to use and you don’t need any coding knowledge.
- WordPress comes with a powerful visual editor.
- It has a huge plugin repository that lets you add features and functionality to your website without writing any code.
- WordPress websites are responsive by default.
- WordPress websites can be slow if they are not properly optimized. You need to be careful while choosing plugins as some of them can make your website slower.
- Another drawback is that WordPress websites are not very secure. You need to take care of security measures yourself or use a security plugin.
WordPress is a free and open source website development platform. However, you need to pay for hosting (~INR 3500 for the first year), domain name, and other premium features. The costs of these features are variable and depend on your needs. Ideally, the premium shared hosting plan offers numerous features, including a free SSL and domain, for just $2.59/month.
This is a visual drag-and-drop website builder that generates clean and semantic code and has a built-in CMS that lets you create responsive websites without writing any code. In a comparison on web development tools, it certainly gives a good argument for the top spot. The platform comes with a built-in visual editor that lets you design responsive websites without writing any code. You can also use Webflow to create landing pages, e-commerce sites, and blogs. You are given the option to choose from the 100s of templates on Webflow’s library, then customize them with your logo, fonts, colors, backgrounds, headlines, menus, videos, and more.
- You do not need to write any code in order to create a website.
- Allows you to easily manage your website’s content without having to write any code.
- Webflow is extremely user-friendly and easy to use. Even if you have never created a website before, you will be able to create a beautiful website with Webflow.
- These websites are responsive by default. This means that your website will look great on all devices, from smartphones to desktop computers.
- Additionally, these websites are also SEO-friendly. This means that your website will be easily found by search engines such as Google.
- It is a bit more expensive than some of the other no-code web development platforms.
- It doesn’t have any of its themes. Instead, you need to use third-party themes on Webflow. But you can’t install third-party themes without buying a pre-defined template, which is expensive.
- While no coding is needed to work with Webflow you need basic coding skills to be able to edit the templates on the website.
Webflow pricing is a little higher than most no-code website builders. There are 2 types of plans – Site Plans and Account Plans.
Site Plans – Webflow has 4 different site plans, all of which are billed annually. They start for free, followed by the Basic plan, CMS plan, and Business plan, and their eCommerce plans start at $29/month. For more information, click here
Account Plans – Ideal for freelancers and teams who charge their clients or share their websites with other people. You can create up to 10 projects on this plan, which starts at $16/month. The account plan gives you additional benefits like advanced collaboration features, priority support, and more.
It is one of the most popular no-code web development platforms. Wix is a cloud-based platform that allows you to create websites without having to write any code. It has a huge user base — Builtwith.com claims that it presently powers 4.6 million websites. That’s why it’s bigger than many competing platforms, including Squarespace and Weebly, both of which have considerably smaller users.
Wix no coding website builders are an easy way to build a site without having the technical know-how of coding languages such as HTML and CSS. Wix sites include templates that can be modified using colors, backgrounds, graphics, and more.
- Wix is very easy to use. You can create a website in minutes, without having any coding knowledge.
- Wix has a large selection of templates to choose from. You can find a template for any type of website, including ecommerce, business, and portfolio websites.
- You can customize nearly every element of your site, from colors to fonts and layouts.
- Wix does a good job of optimizing its mobile-first sites to load quickly.
- Wix offers multiple ways for you to promote your site, including SEO tools and widgets that allow users to share your website on social media.
- You can’t change the width of your site or add a custom background.
- There are limited customization options for certain elements, such as the menu bar.
- The free plan is very limited and doesn’t allow you to connect your own domain.
Wix offers four premium plans: VIP, Unlimited, Combo, start and Connect Domain. The plans start from $5.45/month if you pay annually and go up to $53.88/month for a multi-year plan.
There are business and e-commerce plans that start from $9.45/month.
There are no long-term contracts, no setup fees, and no hidden monthly fees.
Squarespace allows novices to get their websites up and running, without even touching a line of code. You do not need a web developer for posting new content on your site, since all pages are created using a WYSIWYG editor with no HTML required.
It provides numerous apps that customers can use to add buttons, photos, videos, and much more to their sites with ease. These apps are further developed by third parties, but there is no shortage of great options available within the platform. Just like Wix, it also supports eCommerce tools.
The platform is very user-friendly and easy to use. It’s suitable for both small businesses and large enterprises.
- There is no clumsy or pesky code slowing things down, which makes for a faster experience no matter how big the site becomes.
- The code that Squarespace uses is available to download, which means your website can be moved elsewhere or hosted by another provider.
- You have complete control over the HTML and CSS of your site so you can put in place the best possible design for the needs of your business.
- Support is available via email, chat, and social media.
- It’s not as easy as many of its rivals when it comes to customizing your website. You may need help from a developer if you want to make some changes outside of what SquareSpace offers by default.
- The lack of a free tier means no way to try out Squarespace before you buy.
- While no coding is required, the platform’s WYSIWYG editor can be a little confusing to use.
Squarespace starts at $14/month for the basic plan, which offers custom domains and other features for basic websites.
Squarespace Basic Commerce starts at $27 per month, giving users access to e-commerce tools, more storage space, and priority support.
This is a no-code, web design company and is a very popular choice among small business owners and newline entrepreneurs. Weebly has been serving novices, small businesses owners, and entrepreneurs for years.
The easy drag and drop editor makes it possible. It has been designed from the ground up by considering what novices want from their web presence, not just what programmers need from their development tools. In addition, there is no learning curve or steep fees involved to maintain your site. Also, no contract is required.
- Weebly receives an A grade in the Bitcatcha speed test. Given that it’s meant to host eCommerce stores, this isn’t surprising.
- Novices will find no difficulty in getting around the website editor.
- Weebly allows users to export their site source files with no limitations.
- It includes a built-in App Center where users can download basic apps.
- Only the paid plan’s users get to use their domain.
- Weebly’s customer support is just okay, with no live chat and no phone support.
- They lack in the customization department and do not provide advanced editing tools to novices looking to make edits.
Weebly offers 3 premium plans for websites – Connect, Pro, Business. Connect plans start at $5 per month.
For online stores, the price goes way up with online stores costing $12/month.
Weebly has the most affordable option with an option for free usage without premium features, no long-term contracts, and no setup fees.
No-code platforms have proven to be a great solution for businesses and individuals who want to create a website without learning to code or hiring a developer. In essence, these platforms make web development accessible to everyone.
At Pixel Street, we’re big fans of no-code platforms and have used them to build a variety of websites for our clients. We are a website design company that allows you to avail of the services of experienced developers and get a website that looks great, functions smoothly, and meets all your requirements – without you having to lift a finger! Contact us now for more details.